We are currently recruiting a mix of software engineers, senior software engineers, principal software engineers and software architects.
You will have a unique opportunity to join a growing team in a greenfield customer facing product taking a modern architectural approach to design, develop and deliver a suite of capabilities which will be part of the Next Generation Converged Infrastructure (NGCI) software. The software leverages open source and takes a software defined approach to delivering infrastructure using a range of technologies.
You will be a member of a team which will design, develop and deliver a suite of capabilities which will be part of the Next Generation Converged Infrastructure (NGCI) software.
- Together with a team of engineers own the delivery of a defined suite of software features in accordance with high-level systems architecture and software engineering guidelines.
- Design and develop high quality software in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with internal and industry best practises.
- Participate in architecture, design, code and test plan reviews.
- Opportunities to mix applying existing knowledge & experience and learning & applying modern technologies such as docker, kubernetes, service mesh, ansible, golang and python
Highly Desirable Requirements
- Experience designing and developing enterprise software
- Experience in developing using a mix for programming languages
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new technologies.
- Experience in developing on Linux based platform
- Strong communicator, and be comfortable communicating technically at both high and low levels.
- Experience of test driven development
- Experience in some of the following: Python, GoLang, Java, C++
- Experience in the application of software design best practices and patterns
- Knowledge and experience of common software development tool sets, such as:
- GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Concourse, etc.
Experience in API development and consumption, REST, JSON, YAML etc.
- Experience in docker, kubernetes, service mesh, ansible & ansible tower.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and Linux platform tools like bash, python, perl, awk, sed and grep.
- Experience with system’s management technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt or Chef.
- Knowledgeable in a subset of the following infrastructure domains:
- Storage, network, server, virtualization, VMware, data center environments
- Experience in IT infrastructure automation & Infrastructure as a Service
Job Family: Engineering Graduates
Job ID: R62595
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required