Description of Business unit
The Bank & Country Risk Unit (BCRU) is part of the Markets & Treasury Division, encompassing Global Markets, Capital Management and Chief Operating Office.
BCRU is an independent centre of expertise for the management and analysis of Bank & Country Risk including Trade Finance, in GM and the Bank of Ireland Group.
BCRU have responsibility for Collateral management on derivatives and repo and of the Credit Management Information and Reporting of Group wide bank, sovereign & country risk exposures.
Purpose of the Role
- Working to high standards and tight deadlines, the prospective analyst will be a key member of the Collateral, Controls & MI team, responsible for the production of key Group Management information on a monthly basis and Regulatory Large exposure reporting on a quarterly basis, including involvement in daily controls and collateral management processes.
- The role offers both developmental and progression opportunities. This role represents an opportunity to gain a broad range of knowledge across the Markets and Treasury Division, to interact with internal stakeholders across Risk, Finance, GM, Legal and external stakeholders, with interbank counterparties. The successful candidate will develop/ improve product knowledge, data management and excel skills, learn all key areas of limits processing/monitoring and collateral management.
- Production and ongoing development of monthly credit risk management reporting packs, the go to person for all MI reporting queries/ analysis from within the team and within the Group. Preparation of review packs for Senior Management.
- Production of the quarterly Court Risk Court report
- Compilation of the quarterly large exposure return of institutional exposures for regulatory reporting including reconciliations to internal reporting and understanding of differences.
- Daily responsibility to compile the IFC Control on Limit Monitoring for Bank, non-Bank, Country and Corporate limits and investigate limit breaches.
- Updating and carrying out controls on all system adjustments required to Algorithmics
- Ability to provide cover in the critical daily Collateral process, from the calculation of exposures , consolidation to the collateral system, issuing of margin calls and processing of payments and passing of GL entries.
- Rigorous application of Group and BCRU credit policies and procedures.
- Opportunities exist to assist in ad-hoc regulatory and research projects, requests/ development work
- Strong analytical skills with relevant third level qualifications.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in all aspects of the job
- Proven ability to multi task & problem solve
- Must be motivated to learn new tasks and strive for constant improvement within processes
- Understanding of a control focused environment and a desire to keep up to date with on-going changes
- Strong team ethic and flexible approach with the ability to work on own initiative
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Strong understanding of treasury products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer skills: MS Office Excel/VBA
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required