Description of Business unit
The Bank & Country Risk Unit (BCRU) is part of the Global Markets& Treasury Division and has responsibility for the management of bank, country and trade finance risk within the Bank of Ireland Group.
The Head of BCRU reports directly to the CEO of Global Markets
Purpose of the Role
- Working to high standards and tight deadlines, BCRU operates a material level of in house discretion. The prospective analyst will be a key member of the Bank Risk team, responsible for managing and assessing bank and country risk for Global Markets and the BOI Group.
- The role provides an excellent opportunity to acquire and expand knowledge of global capital markets business and to be directly involved in the management of the BOI Global Market`s and the BOI Group`s credit risk.
- Objective and subjective credit risk assessment and detailed analysis of new and existing bank counterparties, and informed bank limit recommendations, covering a diverse portfolio of financial institutions across all major global jurisdictions.
- Monitoring financial news, rating agency and other publications to maintain a high level of awareness of regulatory and current banking sector issues
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Global Markets dealing room teams and other units within Global Markets, Group Credit and other Group businesses.
- Taking ownership of the bank model management function and development, ensuring data accuracy and compliance across all users
- Rigorous application of Group and Global Markets credit policies and procedures
- Representing BCRU at internal meetings and attending bank roadshow presentations
- Assisting in ad hoc regulatory and research projects, requests/ development work
- Strong analytical skills with relevant third level qualifications.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 1 year + banking or other relevant experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in all aspects of the job.
- The ability to generate innovative ideas and enhance/challenge current approaches
- Proven computer skills: MS Office
- Strong team ethic and flexible approach with the ability to work on own initiative
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Good commercial judgement and ability to prudently exercise credit discretions
- Excellent written presentation and communication skills
- Strong understanding of treasury products
- Highly organised, with drive and motivation to achieve agreed goals and develop further
- Knowledge of VBA would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Treasury products and environment would be an advantage but full training will be provided
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required