As customer expectations grown and there is an increasing demand for a personalised customer experience, there is a growing demand on the Analytics team to enable this personalised experience. The Analytics department is a growing area within Bank of Ireland and is responsible for customer insights, modelling and performance analytics. The team focuses on providing customer and marketing insights, predictive analytics and robust performance analytics to key stakeholders across the Group. There is an insatiable demand from the organization to integrate and analyze more data to deliver deeper customer understanding.
Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring, analysing and leveraging data to support growth and innovation within Bank of Ireland. This is an exciting time to join the team as the importance of data and analytics continues to grow and the team expands. This is a high visibility role within the team and a great opportunity to make a difference to our customers.
- Bring a passion for acquiring and using data to improve the performance of the organisation and the experience our customers receive.
- Have a strong analytical background coupled with an ability to relate results to the business and form recommendations which add value.
- Comfortable using advanced analytics skills to join complicated datasets and identify trends, correlations and causal patterns to provide evidence for decision-making
- Have experience in supporting the development of key strategic analyticsprojects and delivering continuous enhancements to the analytics processes (Campaign Evaluation, Next Best Action, Propensity Modelling, Customer Segmentation, and other applications of Machine Learning).
- Leverage exceptional attention to detail and statistical knowledge to build accurate and scalable datasets and analysis as well as deliver impactful results and insights.
- An individual who is excited to learn and test new toolsets and someone who keeps in touch with emerging trends in data and analytics.
- Use your advanced analytics skills to join complicated datasets (structured, semi-structured and unstructured) to build up a deep understanding of customer behaviour.
- Using the vast amounts of data available develop predictive statistical or econometric models that support our customers and deliver on commercial objectives.
- Develop and apply statistical methodologies to identify causal relationships in a marketing context (for example using regression analysis, time series analysis, hypothesis testing etc.).
- Manage the building of statistical / econometric models from development through testing and validation.
- Analyse data using statistical tools and techniques to improve business processes, better serve our customers, design new products, improve target setting and support better decision making.
- Solve business problems using data analysis and present back meaningful and actionable information to relevant stakeholders.
- Be an advocate for high quality and impactful output throughout the Group.
- Manage and mentor Junior Data Analysts.
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Analytics, Computer Science, or equivalent quantitative field.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years analytics experience working in Statistical Analysis or Performance Analytics in a business or research setting.
- Data retrieval and manipulation experience: SQL as well as R, SAS, Python or Stata for analysis.
- Proven experience in the statistical analysis and modelling of this data to derive insights.
- Knowledge of common statistical / econometric methods, such as regression, time series, hypothesis testing etc.
- Experience in Marketing Analytics and specifically attribution reporting or marketing measurement solutions a plus.
- Experience with models predicting customer behaviour and next best action frameworks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with colleagues from different disciplines across business and technical functions. Exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
- A drive to succeed and make a major contribution to the success of analytics within the BOI group.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in the development and roll out of productionised reports using data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or Power BI.
- An understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning methods and experience implementing these algorithms in a business context.
- Experience accessing data through APIs and web applications.
- Experience with strategies for processing big data sets.
- Experience using Artificial Intelligence in the field or personalisation or recommendation as distinct advantage.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required