Group Chief Information Officer & Transformation Director
The Group IT Director has global responsibility for delivery of IT strategy, effective IT deployment in line with strategy, the management of systems, and the adoption of technologies to support the delivery of strategic business change programmes through the use of both internal and external resources.In addition the role is responsible for driving and delivering business change and transformation.
Responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of the Core Banking replacement programme sits outside of the direct line of responsibility of this role. However, this role is accountable for ensuring the IT aspects of the programme are designed and executed in line with the programme objectives and the overall Bank technology strategy.
- Delivery of systems and change solutions to budget provisions of c €230m annually.
- Overall leadership/ management responsibility for c.330 FTE BoI Staff and broader contractor/partner workforce of c 2200+
- Group Executive Committee as appropriate
- IT @ BOI Business Partners for each Division
- Key vendors relevant to project and service provision
Location: This role is based in Dublin
- Leading strategic and operational IT planning to deliver business strategy through innovation, prioritisation and coordination of the assessment, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the group
- Defining and deploying a rolling three year IT Strategy, ensuring innovation, security, reliability, cost and utilisation are considered in all future changes
- Working with the IT management team to identify new technologies and provide solutions and services that increase competitive advantage
- Working with the Chief Information Security Officer to ensure security is central to all IT strategy, maintaining a current view on risks, vulnerabilities and upcoming regulatory requirements on IT and data security
- Coordinating and facilitating consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for upcoming technology implementations
- Ensuring effective deployment of the change agenda and associated governance processes
- Ensuring that the policies for the acquisition, implementation and operations IT systems are defined and understood across the organisation
- Ensuring that IT solutions are scalable, flexible and allow business agility without impacting operational effectiveness
- Defining, implementing and governing a fit-for-purpose resource strategy
- Managing the Group`s IT budget through controlled, auditable processes
- Ensuring the correct approach is applied in staffing, sourcing, procurement and in-house capability development to allow for cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources
- Management of suppliers to optimise cost versus business need in all services and tools provided
- Owning relationships with external vendors and partner organisations
- Providing the review and challenge to internal and external suppliers costs
- Defining and communicating the IT function`s objectives, operating model, processes and procedures
- Delivering the annual spend and benefit plan, budget and resource requirements
- Maintaining an IT organisational structure that supports the needs of the wider business, overseeing sourcing, recruitment, development and retention of IT resources in alignment with the demand plan and HR policies
- Work with internal control functions ensuring that technology risks & issues are managed appropriately adhering to the Groups risk & control framework.
- Foster a culture of continuous coaching and development; demonstrating your leadership by exemplifying the Group`s core values (i.e. accountability, collaboration, one Group one team, and agility)
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
Decision Making Authority
- Change & Technology Strategy for the Group
- Solutions Development & Delivery
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT Infrastructure
- Responsible for IT vendor selection, governance and management
Skills & Experience:
- Strong commercial awareness and a track record of supporting the execution of business strategy
- Demonstrable ability in identifying and applying new technologies to enable competitive advantage
- 15+ years of IT leadership, preferably gained at a large financial services institution; divisional CTO experience a plus.
- A true client service approach in the delivery of IT services and technology adoption
- A proven track record of successfully delivering IT business plans across multiple functions
- Deep expertise in business process, management, budgeting and business operations
- Deep expertise in data processing, hardware, software and outsourced systems
- Excellent understanding of project management principles
- Proven leadership ability, able to motivate staff to deliver high-quality output
- A strong delivery background, with experience in the selection, analysis specification and implementation of IT systems
- Experience of managing both IT run and change
- Clear and compelling communications with the ability to work with end users with varying IT understanding
- An ability to operate with little supervision whilst retaining the ability to remain accessible and supportive to the staff at all levels
- Capable of developing a performance culture that develops core organisational values, ensures the achievement of business goals, optimises talent and delivers high performance with integrity and management excellence
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required