Community Operations, Global Community Operations in Limerick, Ireland
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
At Uber, providing excellent support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners-our community-is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
We're looking for a Community Operations Manager to develop and lead support efforts in our Centre of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, data analytics, and continuous process improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
What You’ll Do
- Be tasked with scaling support in an innovative way at a company that's growing rapidly and changing constantly.
- Proactively lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and exciting environment to deliver on operational KPIs.
- Set up career development plans, be responsible for managing Team Leads, and help develop them into talented people managers. You will be managing up to 5-7 Team Leads, who will each be managing up to 10-15 team members. These team members are at the forefront of our business, answering our community's questions and tending to their needs.
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven decisions and process improvements.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and answer any questions that come your way in an exciting, fast moving environment.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert (SME) on your team's processes and policies.
- Be responsible for identifying trends within your team's' performance as well as overall support trends.
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a consistent world-class experience.
What You’ll Need
- Fluency in English is a must.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, including at least 2 years of leading teams of 10+ people.
- You have experience leading and managing a large team. You understand how to motivate teams and people in an exciting and ambiguous environment. You put your team first and are their most passionate advocate.
- Exceptional communication skills. Your communication style is flexible to the situation. From communicating updates to your team, to discussing metrics with key stakeholders, or presenting to leadership, you communicate clearly and with a purpose.
- A love of process and optimization. You will be revolutionizing support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- A data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. You have excellent Excel skills. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredible empathy and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be an excellent advocate for Uber's users and are passionate about the community experience.
- Prior professional experience with process optimization, systematic organization, program/project management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and lead through challenging situations.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required