Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Do you have a passion for conducting investigations and analyzing financial activity? Do you want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers? Join PayPal’s Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Security team!Job Description:
As a Brand Risk Investigator, you will be a member of PayPal’s Global Financial Crimes and Compliance Investigations Organization (GFCCI) tasked with ensuring that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines as well as PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). PayPal’s AUP dictates the type of commerce activity that PayPal permits its users to engage in on the company’s platform. You will exercise independent judgment and discretion handling highly sensitive casework, take appropriate action on violating accounts and develop and prepare timely suspicious activity reports to Regulatory agencies, as necessary.
In this role, you will investigate customer transaction activity across multiple products and platforms to ensure that customer activity falls within acceptable parameters established by PayPal’s governing bodies including, but not limited to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Your efforts will be conducted in accordance to PayPal’s Ethics and Compliance Standards, and our obligations under all appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts.
It will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes, seek ways to enhance current processes and controls, be able to effectively communicate and maintain utmost professionalism in your interaction with our customers and partners at all times. Brand Risk Management Investigators will be subject to material which some may consider offensive in performing the essential job duties of this position.
As a Brand Risk Management Investigator, your responsibilities include:
- Applying analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and effectively supported recommendations on cases, including reporting to Financial Crimes enforcement Network (FinCEN). Such investigation decisions are critical to PayPal’s fiduciary responsibility under the Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering rules) to effectively monitor customer’s activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Completing a time-sensitive and exhaustive analysis of each potential violation and/or potential Anti-Money Laundering activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries;
- Assessment of customer profiles and large amounts of data to ensure normal and expected activity, including Acceptable Use Policy adherence and Know Your Customer efforts;
- Documenting findings in narrative style format, in the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required
- Regularly exercise good judgment and in making decision or recommendations in relation to case investigations, even when details are ambiguous;
- Documenting findings in narrative style format, in either the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 6 years’ related experience, with a minimum of 1 years’ experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications;
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to effectively extract critical information;
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels;
- Ability to work effectively & efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations, analysis, and writing;
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints;
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Written Communications
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.