An exciting opportunity exists for a role in the ITDevelopment teamin one of Irelands most successful life assurance companies, New Ireland Assurance.
Ireland`s IT Department has 100 full time staff and together with our Customer Operations teams delivers a consistent high quality Customer experience.
An opportunity exists for the role of an IT Developer in a busy core business systems team working on core applications and continuous improvements.
The role is required to enhance the IT Development team to ensure key deliverables are met across NIACs Strategy, regulartory requirements and stability of core systems.
- Analyse business requirements and produce a complete and comprehensive impact analysis of change
- Produce detailed and comprehensive technical specifications to meet functional requirements
- Build and unit test new application / code enhancements based on defined specifications in accordance with standards and guidelines
- Assist with the deployment of application maintenance releases, systems updates and software releases
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including business areas, IT project and development teams, risk and compliance and relevant 3rd party suppliers
- Work with IT Risk and Compliance to ensure risk and compliance practices are implemented and adhered to
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with SDLC procedures and auditable.
- Drive continuous improvements by implementing perfective measures to reduce support workloads and improve overall service to the business
- Work productively as part of a team environment and be a valued, supportive member of the team
- IT 3rd Level technical qualification (e.g. computer science degree or similar)
- Experience in a similar role within New Ireland
- Have strong software technical troubleshooting/code debugging skills
- Strong business acumen and excellent influencing and communication skills
- Ability to deliver in challenging environment
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required