The Analytics department is a growing area within Bank of Ireland and is responsible for customer insights, modelling and performance analytics. The team focuses on providing customer and marketing insights, predictive analytics and robust performance analytics to key stakeholders across the Group. There is an insatiable demand from the organization to integrate and analyze more data. The Performance Analytics team is responsible for the robust statistical measurement of all of the Analytics and Marketing activities for Bank of Ireland retail banking.
The primary vision for the Analytics department is to enable personalisation at every customer touch point. The successful candidate will lead the Predictive Analytics and Personalisation team within the Analytics function responsible for delivering this vision. This involves developing a deep customer understanding through data and developing best in class predictive models and Nest Best Action engines. The individual will also have to take these models and productionise them in a working environment at each customer touch point. It is an incredibly exciting and challenging opportunity to take on. The types of projects involved include Customer segmentation, next best action, predictive models, customer insightand customer journey analysis.
- Bring a passion for acquiring data and using data to improve the performance of the organisation and the experience our customers receive.
- Have a strong analytical background coupled with an ability to relate results to the business and form recommendations which add value.
- Have experience in supporting the development of key strategic analytics delivering continuous enhancements to the analytics processes (A/B Testing, Propensity Modelling, Next Best Action Modelling).
- Leverage exceptional attention to detail and statistical knowledge to build accurate and scalable datasets and analysis as well as deliver impactful results and insights.
- An individual who is excited to learn and test new toolsets and someone who keeps in touch with emerging trends in data and analytics.
- The key responsibility will be to manage teams of experienced analysts and data scientists to deliver on this vision.
- The individual is expected to set the short, medium and long term vision for their areas of responsibility and develop a roadmap to deliver on that vision.
- Develop the modelling process to deliver modelling at scale and in real time where applicable.
- Manage the building of machine learning models from development through testing and validation to our 2+ million customers in production.
- Integrate all the vast amount of data the bank has across internal structured data, semi-structured web data, unstructured text data.
- Integrating with external data sources and APIs to discover interesting trends.
- At least 4 years analytics experience working in Customer Analytics and Predictive Analytics.
- Experience in Marketing Analytics and specifically Next Best Action, Retention, Acquistion and Cross sell modelling.
- Proven experience in the statistical analysis and modelling of this data to derive insights. Knowledge of clustering,predictive analytics, machine learning, hypothesis testing etc.
- Data retrieval and manipulation experience: SQL as well as R or SAS for analysis.
- Experience in wrangling data from internal and external sources.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing successful production grade models.
- Proven ability to work effectively with colleagues from different disciplines across business and technical functions. Exceptional communication skills.
- A drive to succeed and make a major contribution to the success of Analytics within the BOI Group.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required