The Analytics department is a growing area within Bank of Ireland and is responsible for customer insights, modelling and performance analytics. The team focuses on providing customer and marketing insights, predictive analytics and robust performance analytics to key stakeholders across the Group. There is an insatiable demand from the organisation to integrate and analyse more data to deliver deeper customer understanding.
The successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring, structuring and leveraging data to support growth and innovation within Bank of Ireland. This is an exciting time to join the team as the importance of data and analytics continues to grow and the team expands. This is a high visibility role within the team and a great opportunity to make a difference to our customers.
- Bring a passion for acquiring data and using data to improve the performance of the organisation and the experience our customers receive.
- Have a strong data engineering background building reuseable data assets and features.
- Have experience in supporting the development of key strategic analytics projectsand delivering continuous enhancements to the analytics pipeline(Segmentation, Propensity Modelling and Analytically driven process change).
- Leverage exceptional attention to detail to deliver scalable datasets.
- An individual who is excited to learn and test new toolsets and someone who keeps in touch with emerging trends in data and analytics.
- Use your engineering background to build robust datasets to support Insight Generataion and Analytics.
- Build and extend the Bank`s Customer Analytics Record (CAR) which is a foundational building block for analytics and predictive modelling.
- Identify and acquire the relevant data to build out the engineering requirements behind customer journey analytics.
- Work collaboratively with the Data Analysts and Data Scientists to analyse raw data sources and data transformation requirements.
- Design and develop code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integrated from multiple sources.
- Be the Analytics engineering represenative on Big Data projects.
- Level 8 Degree or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Teradata, Oracle or SQL Server
- 5+ years hands on experience as an ETL/DWH developer with strong knowledge in designing, developing and delivering end-to-end data integration processes for large scale data warehouses.
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes.
- Certifications in Teradata an advantage.
- Previous experience in implementation of ETL applications, Data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large environments.
- Prior consulting experience an advantage.
- A strong collaborator and relationship builder.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and practices.
- Knowledge of cloud based data and analytics tools.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required