Do you want to work for the most recognised name in the hospitality industry? Want to work in one of the best 5⋆ luxury hotels in the country? Want countless benefits & career development opportunities? Then come to the Conrad Dublin!
Never Just Stay. Stay Inspired.
The Conrad Dublin is a 5⋆ hotel and part of the Hilton Luxury Division. We aim to ‘offer smart luxury travelers inspiring connections & intuitive service in a world of style'.
As part of our Team you will play a crucial role in ensuring we provide our Guests with exceptional, memorable experiences.
A Kitchen Steward Supervisor trains, supports, and motivates the Back of House Team to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing cleaning schedules, moving and storing necessary equipment, and observing safety guidelines.
What will I be doing?
As a Kitchen Steward Supervisor, you are responsible for training, supporting and motivating the Back of House Team to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Kitchen Steward Supervisor will also be required to manage cleaning schedules, observe COSHH and Hilton Hotel Health and Safety Manual guidelines, and ensure that machinery is operated properly, efficiently, and is moved, stored, and available when needed. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Run the Back of House Department efficiently and to consistent high standards
- Manage, train and develop the Back of House team
- Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed
- Ensure the flow and supply of operating equipment's meets bar, banqueting and restaurant requirements
- Oversee the cleanliness of all food and beverage outlets and the Team Restaurant
- Ensure the Stewarding Team has full knowledge and understanding of compliance regulations as they effect sanitation and hygiene, as set by internal and local legal requirements
- Identify and develop new revenue opportunities
- Work with the banqueting functions to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of individual plates/orders
- Observe guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
- Report faults, misused or damaged equipment issues to the Back of House Manager, Head Chef, and/or Maintenance Manager
- Ensure machinery is operated properly, efficiently, safely and in accordance with the Hotel Health and Safety Manual
- Assist in the location, movement and storage of operational equipment
- Assist in the stock take of equipment and other items as required
- Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed
- Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
Team GYM – We are the only Hotel in Dublin offering a complimentary Team gym. Opening in Aug 2018, this is very much part of Hilton's THRIVE initiative where we encourage and support all our team to look after their Body, Mind and Spirit
Travel - Up to 30 nights per year at discounted rates and 50% off F&B in Hilton Hotels around the world
Development – Hilton have numerous learning & development opportunities for all. Both abroad and closer to home.
Holidays – 29 days holiday including bank holidays (long service entitlement)
On shift – complimentary meals on duty & uniforms provided
…and so much more including high street retail discounts and discounted dental & health cover.
What are we looking for?
A Kitchen Steward Supervisor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
- Flexibility to respond to a range of various work situations
- A passion for building excellent relationships with colleagues
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- A high school certificate or equivalent and any other related qualifications
- Previous experience in supervisory role
- Experience in hotel / leisure industry
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required